Monday 19 December 2016

Seasonal Anime Tag~

Fall Anime Tag 

Yahalloooo~ (^ _ ^)/

So, here I am! My third blog this month OMG you have permission to be shocked! (゜ロ゜;)
..because I am. Three blogs in one month hasn't happened since 2014;;; ≦(._.)≧
But enough about that as I'm sure it won't happen again.. ^^;
ALSO! It's been a whole year since I started doing Seasonal Anime Tags! *O* Personally I thought it had been longer than that.. But I guess not! ^^
So let's make this Seasonal Anime Tag a suuuuuuper special one~! ^ω^
..though I don't really know how ^^;

Unlike the Summer Anime Tag which was the last one I did, I enjoyed this whole season that is just wrapping up! ^^ There were many great series that I really loved!
*cough* Yuri!!! on Ice *cough* >ω<
So with that being said...
Let's get staaaarted~!

[ Remember, of course, that the answers to these questions are all my opinion. So don't get all freaky if I dislike something you like ]

~   ~   ~

List of Fall Series I watched;

- 3-gatsu no Lion (recommend)
- Ajin 2nd Season
- Ame-iro Cocoa in Hawaii (not yet finished as it has a strange airing pattern...)
- Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season (recommend)
- Bubuki Buranki: Hoshi no Kyojin 
- Drifters
- Fune wo Amu (recommend)
- Gi(a)rlish Number
- Hibike! Euphonium 2nd Season (recommend)
- Magic Kyun! Renaissance
- Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (I recommend this... But with a warning that it will kill you!)
- Occultic;Nine (it's confusing.. But I recommend it)
- Show By Rock!! # (recommend)
- Shuumatsu no Izetta (recommend)
- Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru
- Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori
- Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari (recommend)
- Uta no☆Prince-sama ♪ Maji Love Legend Star (recommend if you're familiar with the series)
- Watashi ga Motete Dousunda
- WWW.Working!! (recommend)
- Yuri!!! on Ice (recommend)

List of Fall ONA's I watched;

- Girlfriend (Note) (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)

List of Fall OVA's I watched;

- Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka OVA (recommend)
- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou OVA
- Oshiete! Galko-chan (OVA) (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Strike the Blood II (recommend)
- Trick or Alice (airing December 22nd)
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku OVA (recommend)

List of Fall Movies I watched;

- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: 365-nichi no Jikan (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Part 1 (recommend)
- Gantz:O (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Kagerou Daze: In a Day's (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- KanColle Movie (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Kuroko no Basket Movie 2: Winter Cup Soushuuhen - Namida no Saki e (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Kuroko no Basket Movie 3: Winter Cup Soushuuhen - Tobira no Mukou (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Orange: Mirai (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Pop in Q (airing December 23rd)
- Suki ni Naru Sono Shunkan wo.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)

List of Fall Specials I watched;

- Boku no Hero Academia: Jump Festa 2016 Special (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)
- Ludger Code 1951
- Musaigen no Phantom World Special
- Servamp Specials (haven't seen it air with subtitles yet..)

1. What was the best anime?
Easy question for me. The best anime was definitely Yuri!!! on Ice 


This anime series literally took OVER the entire Fall Season! I haven't seen another anime that aired talked about as much as this one :,) B-But obviously for a very good reason; Yuri!!! on Ice is amazing! ;ω;
Yuri!!! on Ice follows Yuuri Katsuki as he returns home to Japan. He was Japan's most promising figure skater, but after suffering a crushing defeat, he gave up skating. Now 23 years old, Yuuri finds that he still can't forget about skating and when a video of him skating a routine that was once performed by Victor Nikiforov is uploaded to the internet, Victor himself suddenly shows up at Yuuri's home in Japan saying that he'll coach him! Yuuri accepts Victor's offer and he returns to the world of figure skating. But not without Yuri Plisetsky, a rising star from Russia, following closely behind Victor determined to beat Yuuri and win Victor back.
For me, the thing I loved most about Yuri!!! on Ice was the different relationships between each character's and seeing what drove them to skate and what made them the person we see on the ice. And just when you think this anime can't make you ship Yuuri and Victor any harder, it goes ahead and makes them canon! ω♡
Victor and Yuuri seriously have such a beautiful relationship~ They lift each other up and they're so affectionate in their own little ways, like.. KYAH!! 
Obviously you have the other skaters (all very unique in their own way). I think my main favourites are Yuri, JJ and Chris *ω* They're all so passionate! And the ice skating sequences are brilliantly animated; seriously just so beautiful to watch! I often found myself screaming when a jump came up, like..
 "OMG YOU GOT THIS! YOU SO GOT THIS! AH! AH! AAHHH~"
I recommend this anime. I seriously think anyone who hasn't seen this needs to see this!
A second season has already been slightly hinted at, so.. If that happens, I will be SO happy! When this anime ends on Wednesday, I think a little part of me will end with it;;;

[ my rating; 10/10 on MAL ]

2. What was the worst anime?
To be fair, I didn't really think there was a really awful series this season;;; Even Ajin and Bubuki Buranki were okay and I really disliked the first season of those series. But for the sake of answering the question, I'm going to go with Watashi ga Motete Dousunda.


This anime centres around Kae Serinuma. She starts off as a...fairly overweight girl, but when the death of one of her favourite anime characters causes her to become stressed, she loses basically all her weight and ends up attracting the attention of Igarashi (JERK!), Nana (THE BIGGEST JERK!), Shinomiya (TINY JERK!) and Mutsumi-senpai... But Mutsumi-senpai doesn't count because he cared about Kae before she lost weight and likes her regardless of what she looks like. He's the best boy in this series and no one will convince me otherwise!! You also have Shima-chan who takes an interest in Kae, but she likes Kae regardless of how she looks too, so... Her and Mutsumi-senpai are fine!
But because Kae is an avid fujoshi (girl, I relate!!), she doesn't look at these boys as possible relationship partners for her...but more as possible relationship partners for each other ;3 So she often freaks out when they try and get close to her when she desperately wants them to be together! >ω<
It's not that this series was the worst or even bad...I just don't like the fact how it shows a girl can only be attractive if she's skinny :,)
Yea, yea. Okay, I know what I sound like. SHUT UP!! But that's seriously what this anime is showing and it sucks because it's not true :,) I can think of many attractive women who are maybe considered "overweight" so it just... Yea. That's my main reason for why I chose this anime to answer this question :,)
But the comedy aspect of this anime makes me laugh and I enjoy Kae and Shima fangirling over their favourite anime characters and also Shima taking pictures of the guys when they end up in compromising positions >;3
It's just the general idea of this anime I dislike > <

[ my rating; 6/10 on MAL ]

3. What was your favourite anime?
My favourite anime of this season was 3-gatsu no Lion ;ω;


This anime, for a lack of a better word, is beautiful 
I can't really remember what I was expecting when I started watching this anime, but not a single episode so far has disappointed me;;;
The story follows Rei Kiriyama who is a 17 year old Shogi player and he lives alone using the money he earns from his Shogi tournaments to support him. While playing Shogi for a living may seem easy from the outside, Rei suffers a great deal;;; He struggles to interact with his classmates so he rarely attends school, his relationship with his adoptive family is strained and because of the expectations placed on him because of his incredible ability at Shogi, he enters a sort of slump and appears to find no enjoyment in the game whatsoever.
We find out that Rei is acquainted with three sisters; Akari, Hinata and Momo Kawamoto. They happily invite him into their home and, while Rei was reserved to interact with them at first, he eventually warmed up to them and started joining them for their meals. He receives care from them that he never got from his adopted family and appears to enjoy his time with them greatly. I really enjoy these scenes because I feel like they add a bit of happiness and colour into Rei's life;;;
I don't know if this anime is for everyone, but I would personally be happy to recommend it!
It's slow, yes. But the story is deep and very moving. I love watching Rei and finding out more about him and watching him develop. I also think Shaft (the animation Studio behind this series) is doing a brilliant job; I think it's very beautiful and BUMP OF CHICKEN who have provided the main opening and ending songs for this anime are incredible 
Everything fits together perfectly!
Also >ω< The song "Nyaa Shougi Ondo" by Hana-chan, Kayanon and Kuno-chan is SO cute and funny and...just...Ahahaha!! I LOVE IT!! ^O^

[ my rating; 9/10 on MAL ]
..it might change to 10 since it's only at episode 10 out of 22~

4. What was your favourite OP. song?
When I think about it, within reason, I pretty much liked every OP. song this season :,)
But since I have to choose, I'm going with S.O.S. (Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari).


I chose this because whenever I watched it, I did so with the biggest smile on my face ^//ω//^
This anime in general is SO sweet and adorable ♥ And WEAVER really outdid themselves with this song :,) Seriously, it's just SO cute I can't even explain it;;; It warms my heart~

5. What was your favourite ED. song?
The same things applies here about me liking pretty much every ED. song this season >ω<
But again, for the sake of answering the question, I chose DREAMCATCHER (Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku).


First of all, I simply adore nano ♥ She is so beautiful and has such an amazing voice~
..I may have a bit of a serious crush on her/////
But the main reason I love this song so much is because, after the pain this anime inflicted upon you, this song helped to mend me;;; I'd literally be broken after an episode of this series finished; at least one character died per episode ( ´•̥ו̥` )
But DREAMCATCHER has such beautiful lyrics that made me think there may be a light at the end of this anime;;; Which...I guess maybe there was? But not the best light ever;;;
But regardless of all of that, I still love this song very much (*´▽`*)

6. Who was your favourite seiyuu of the season?
My favourite seiyuu has to be Shiho Kokido (voiced Poco from Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari).


Poco is a seriously adorable character ♥ I mean, he's a tanuki that can transform into a little boy! Does it actually get any cuter than that!? *ω*
I love him SO MUCH!
I want my very own little Poco-chan ;/ / / /;
Shiho-chan did a great job voicing Poco! She was in a couple of series this season, but Poco was definitely her best role, me thinks ;3
No one could have made Poco more adorable than her! Not. A. Single. Person.
ALSO! Poco saying "Souta!" is so cute! Seriously! Everything Poco does is so cute! Even when he brings frogs into Souta's house it's cute! ..and I hate frogs > <
Seriously. OMG!
Poco is the definition of cuteness! /)ω(\

7. Who was your favourite male character?
I had to think about this question for a bit... In the end, I decided to go with Daisuke Higashida from WWW.Working!! ^^


I really liked him :,) I think it's mostly because he's so dry in his sense of humour and the fact he gets easily annoyed by most things >ω<
..plus Yuu-kyan is such an awesome seiyuu who I love very much! 
Also I love the relationship Higashida has with Miyakoshi who is his "sort-of-but-not-really" girlfriend ^^; If I remember rightly, the reason he dates her is to test her chocolate or...prevent other people from eating it...or to help her improve?? You know what? I can't remember exactly, but it's something along the lines of those reasons :,) Miyakoshi is terrible at making chocolate, so whenever Higashida eats it, he dies and meets Saint Valentine :,D ..seriously.
I also love his constant "everything-around-me-sucks" face :,) XD

8. Who was your favourite female character?
My favourite female character is Kyouka Izumi from Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season :3


I never really payed a huge amount of attention to her in the first season, but she had a lot of character development in the second season, so I started to like her a lot more 
Kyouka lacks emotion, isn't really sure of herself and believes that she isn't worth anything. Her ability, Demon Snow (which causes a sword-weilding phantom to materialise), is mostly the cause for her lack of emotion since because of that ability, she has killed people.
After being exposed to the real world by Atsushi, she changes dramatically and kind of reverts back to being a normal teenager.
Her character development in this season is really important because it's what leads to her ultimately becoming a true member of the Detective Agency ^ω^
Kyouka-chan is really such a lovely girl, and I've always known that! It's just that I took more notice of her this season and now I love her suuuuper amounts!;;;

9. Who was your least favourite character?
This was an easy question :,) My least favourite character was Chitose Karasuma from Gi(a)rlish Number .-.


Right from the first episode, I disliked her :,)
She's really spoiled, self-centred and acts all high-and-mighty and that trait annoys me most of all. She is also really ungrateful and that particular aspect is mostly shown towards her brother. Chitose is aiming to become a voice actress and she thinks her talent is unmatched and that she is sooo amazing and I'm just sat there thinking..
 "Um... No. You really aren't."
It's like, just try and act a little bit nicer sometimes > <
Ugh. I'm done here because I just don't like talking about her :,) She's a meeeanie! D;

~   ~   ~

So that was my Fall Anime Tag!
The next season of anime will be the Winter 2017 Season-- 2017;; OMG I swear this year has just flown by;; But I am looking forward to the next season; it looks like there will be quite a few promising series, so yay! ^^

I hope you enjoyed reading this tag!
And if you're interested, here is a link to my MAL account :3

Thank you for reading and have a great day! n.n

BYESIES~! c:
                          xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment